latest updates on our actions to combat the virus
To our patrons:
We realize that the continuing coverage of the coronavirus can be overwhelming, and that there’s a flood of information out there. Please know that we’re closely monitoring updates from both the CDC and local health officials, and continuously updating our procedures to comply with the latest guidelines. The following activities to address this important issue.
First, please know that we always take our food safety seriously, and continuously ensure all staff members are up-to-date with the latest food handling procedures. We have an Excellent rating from the King County Health Department, which is something that we pride ourselves on.
Second, we have implemented many additional procedures to address the spread of the COVID-19 virus directly. Additional measures include:
- Closing our dining area in accordance with the Executive Order issued by Governor Inslee.
- Instructing all staff to contact a manager immediately if they feel ill, to ensure that unwell employees are not onsite.
- Wearing (black!) gloves during transactions.
- Ensuring consistent hand washing, including after all transactions.
- Wiping all surfaces with bleach on a regular basis.
- Shifting to disposable menus.
- Moving all disposable items (lids, utensils) and condiments behind the counter.
We have also modified our menu so that it is optimized for at-home consumption, including bolstering our DIY bar selection. All of our items are available curbside or via FREE delivery. You can also take advantage of our 15% discount on all orders, including retail wine and gift cards! (Note that our wine discount is on retail prices, not menu prices.)
Finally, we’re happy to discuss any concerns that you may have…please always feel free to ask questions!
We both live and work in Bothell, and very purposely chose to locate The Cottage within this amazing community. It means the world to us when friends choose our humble restaurant as a gathering spot…thank you so much for your patronage!
The Cottage Staff